Home | News | About Us | Careers | Equality & Diversity | Contact Us

Petherbridge Bassra Personal Injury
Family LawPersonal InjuryCivil LitigationRoad Traffic OffencesCriminal LawBusiness and Complex CrimeEmployment LawPrison LawContact Petherbridge Bassra
Click to book your FREE consultation or call us now on 01274 724114
Get in touch

Image verification

Please enter the characters from above:

Add me to your mailing list. See our privacy policy for more information about how we process your data.

Pavement Trip Claim
Workplace Injury Claim
Clinical Negligence
Medical Negligence
Road Traffic Accidents
Armed Forces
Services for Foreign Nationals
Housing & Health
Industrial Deafness Claims
The Team

Petherbridge Bassra Personal Injury - we're on your side

Housing and Health

As a tenant you are entitled by law to live in a "Decent Home".

It must meet the current statutory minimum standard for housing. It must certainly NOT be prejudicial to you and your family’s health. If it is it may well be a STATUTORY NUISANCE (NUISANCE).

Housing and Health

Such conditions which may harm your health include:

  • Cold and damp
  • Mice or cockroach infestation
  • Mould and fungus
  • Flooding or water leaks
  • Defective windows and doors
  • Defective boiler
  • Defective electrical wiring
  • Any other disrepair

Common health problems include:

  • Breathing problems
  • Asthma
  • Infections

If you have complained to your landlord about the state of your property and its effects on your health and had no satisfactory response, then it may be time to follow the statutory nuisance procedure which involves going to the Magistrates Court.

This procedure is designed to enable people to get relatively quick relief through the most local Court system.

The first step is to serve a notice on your landlord requiring that the problems be abated (Stopped) within 21 days. If the problems are not addressed within that time we will apply to the Local Magistrates Court for a summons seeking and Order that the nuisance be "abated".

The Magistrates have power to order that the nuisance is abated and to pay compensation. If the nuisance is not abated, this is a criminal offence.

If you win, you get the costs paid and if you lose, you do not run the risk of paying the other side’s costs.

If you win you may still sue in the Civil Courts for compensation.

The procedure is quick and COMPLETELY FREE

For instant advice call Stuart Lowrey on 01274 724 114 or e-mail stuart@petherbridgebassra.com.

Military Accommodation

We have become increasingly aware of widespread problems in some military accommodation abroad. In particular, the Heidmarkt Estate in Bad Fallinbostel, Germany.

Problems would appear to stem from lack of ventilation in the properties leading to various health issues including, respiratory problems, flu or hay fever like symptoms. Runny or blocked noses. Children seem to be particularly badly affected.

Should you be affected by way of these issues and would like to discuss them please contact Stuart Lowrey on 01274 724 114 or e-mail stuart@petherbridgebassra.com.

Vintry House, 18-24 Piccadilly, Bradford
Tel: 01274 724114 Fax: 01274 724161

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors
Regulation Authority: REGIS 613817

Petherbridge Bassra AccreditationsPetherbridge Bassra NewsTwitterPetherbridge Bassra on Facebook

Accessibility | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Opus Law - a division of Petherbridge Bassra Solicitors