Home | News | About Us | Careers | Equality & Diversity | Contact Us

Petherbridge Bassra Personal Injury
Family LawPersonal InjuryCivil LitigationRoad Traffic OffencesCriminal LawBusiness and Complex CrimeEmployment LawPrison LawContact Petherbridge Bassra
Click to book your FREE consultation or call us now on 01274 724114
Get in touch

Image verification

Please enter the characters from above:

Add me to your mailing list. See our privacy policy for more information about how we process your data.

Pavement Trip Claim
Workplace Injury Claim
Clinical Negligence
Medical Negligence
Road Traffic Accidents
Armed Forces
Services for Foreign Nationals
Housing & Health
Industrial Deafness Claims
The Team

Petherbridge Bassra Personal Injury - we're on your side

Pavement Trip Compensation Claim

If you have been injured in an accident that is not your fault, contact Petherbridge Bassra's team of Personal Injury lawyers to find out whether your could be entitled to compensation.

If you have been involved in an accident on a public pavement, and have suffered a personal injury as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee compensation claim. To be eligible to make a pavement compensation claim, there must be some form of defect with the pavement in order to be able to hold the council or local authority responsible for the accident.

The two most common types of defect which cause trips on pavements and public footpaths are potholes and raised paving slabs. If you have tripped due to a pothole on the pavement, it is important to try to get a measurement of how deep the pothole is. In order to hold the council responsible for the pavement trip, the pothole needs to be at least an inch deep. If the pothole is less than an inch deep, your pavement trip compensation claim is unlikely to be successful.

If you have tripped on a pavement due to a raised paving slab, raised cobble stone or raised tarmac, and have suffered a personal injury as a result, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee compensation claim. As with trips in potholes, the raised defect must be an inch or more in order to make a successful pavement trip claim.

What should I do if I have had a pavement trip accident?

If you have had a pavement trip accident due to a pothole, a raised pavement or any other defect, you should try to get a photograph of the defect as soon as possible. When taking the photograph it is a good idea to put a ruler in or against the defect so the photograph shows the depth or height of the pavement defect. If you do not have a ruler, you could use a 50pence coin, a matchbox, or any other items which gives an indication of the size of the defect.

If there are witnesses to your pavement trip, you should try to record their names and contact details. It is also a good idea to report your pavement accident to the local council so they can make a note of the accident. As with any personal injury claim in order to make a successful compensation claim for a pavement trip it is essential that you seek medical attention for your injuries.

If you have had an accident within the past three years due to a defect on a public pavement, and have suffered an injury as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee pavement trip compensation claim.

Vintry House, 18-24 Piccadilly, Bradford
Tel: 01274 724114 Fax: 01274 724161

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors
Regulation Authority: REGIS 613817

Petherbridge Bassra AccreditationsPetherbridge Bassra NewsTwitterPetherbridge Bassra on Facebook

Accessibility | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Opus Law - a division of Petherbridge Bassra Solicitors